Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Taste of the Trade

Here’s the other one I just finished that you’ve been hearing me talk about for a while, Metropolis magazine’s Taste of the Town: Chicago dining guide. This will hit the Merchandise Mart in Chicago for NeoCon next week. (That’s a furniture trade show, nothing right-wing people!) It’s peppy, colorful, and full of places to eat and drink. Not to mention all the exciting quotes from restaurant designers.

Please don’t ask me if Metropolis sent me to Chicago to eat in all these restaurants for research because they did not. All of this research was online or via telephone, which I assure you is excruciating before lunchtime.

Please also don’t ask if I am going to NeoCon to partake in these restaurants after the fact because, again, I am not. The only time I find myself in Chicago is to visit my little sister who for all her wonderful charms does not like to eat in restaurants!

Which leaves me to implore you, dear Midwestern readers, to report back to me how good it all is. There’s a new bar section, and new trends sections, and so many new restaurants!

No comments: