Sunday, November 11, 2007

Welcome to Dovetail Tract Gone Bloggy

Dovetail Tract is my low tech paper and pen zine of 2004. The idea was to provide a forum for bringing together all the brilliant creative pieces of my brilliant creative friends while also showing off my own work. It was photocopied clandestinely in the shady copy rooms of contributors' low-paying offices. My own low-paying job did not even have a photocopy machine.

The zine was a raging success. In all 17 contributors were featured, many of whom have since been published in more established pages. It was distributed for free (essentially guaranteeing popularity) to pretty much anyone who showed an interest.

When I decided to put some graphic design under my belt the original zine that had formed so naturally suddenly seemed like a big complicated project and kept getting put off. But today when I'm back in the editing game at work the impulse to publish myself and my friends has again become strong. In the effort of keeping it simple I'm giving the blog format a shot.

Thanks for reading.

xo,
Daniela

No comments: