Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Greetings from Jonny Morell

It is well known in the Morell/Pacer household that Aliza, Marge, and myself have the artistic gene and Jonny is the intellectual one (he is after all currently writing a book about unintended consequences in program evaluation). But all of us are known to think verbally and create visually.

My father's artistic accomplishment is most clearly noted in the greeting card format as rendered through PhotoShop and the internet. In this prime example we can see his famously illegible handwriting in mystic reverse interwoven with a planetary clock.

"Why the clock?" asks my dad. "Why not the clock?" he answers. "I get these ideas in my head for interesting objects that can blend well with my doodles. I have brides, ducks, and penguins too. This did not start as a card, but simply as an image I was working on. Last month I needed a card for someone and went fishing for material. I found this, reworked it a bit and made it a card."

For more see: Well for more you'll just have to get on his holiday mailing list.

Image courtesy: Jonathan Morell

No comments: